Monday, January 22, 2007

Clothing for Displaced Families in Elizabeth

You may have read about this in the Star Ledger . A full block of apartments burned to the ground in Elizabeth on Saturday. About 15 families are now homeless. St. John’s Episcopal in Elizabeth will be collecting warm clothing and toys this coming Sunday, January 28th, to distribute to the displaced families.

I am working on organizing something within our community. I don’t have a very big car, but I would volunteer to drive things down. We could also use my back porch as a drop off site if we can’t find a drop off point at one of the local congregations. Would anyone else be willing to volunteer and/or help organize?

If you would like to help, please contact me. If you have other thoughts on how we could help these families please share. You can email me at kathy-wargo at comcast.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home